Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lights! Camera! Shoot!






I really found this project fun. 

For a long time now, I've been waiting for my opportunity to utilize my dad's work light in our garage. He accidentally left it on once, and when I went into the garage to get something, I was absolutely entranced by it. It makes a for a perfect light setting. My other two younger siblings (Andrew and Hannah - not Niamh, who has been previously photographed) and I had a blast taking photos around the work light. We played with levels, as there was a coffee table we could utilize for height, and they both took turns placing themselves on different levels. I played with this concept as well, adjusting myself to catch different pieces of their silhouettes with the backlight. Light is fun. 

The outside photos are from the morning time. As I was getting ready for school, I saw that the branches of the trees catch the lamppost light in quite a lovely way. Of course I jumped at the chance to capture that. It was difficult there, sometimes, on account of the fact that sometimes the lamplight would be too obviously there; I had to find a balance between being a background and being obvious. One of my favourite types of photographs are ones with a twiny subject backlit by, essentially, sparkles. I love them. 

So, this project was a lot of fun. I will definitely continue to photograph light.
Light is nifty. 




No comments:

Post a Comment